Re: Ubitx and QRP Guys Multi Z Tuner #ubitx-help

Howard Fidel

Yes, I have seen similar phenomena. In my case my CW wires to my key were too close to my 50 watt linear. Your tuner is probably radiating a lot of RF.

Howard

On 7/1/2018 9:24 AM, davedt1e@... wrote:
Hope this is an appropriate topic for the board.

Just built he QRP Guys Multi Z tuner and hooked it up to the Ubitx.  The Ubitx goes straight into TX on power up.  I was very careful in building the tuner and don't think I made any errors.

The antenna is a horizontal loop cut a bit over 40 meters and fed with ladder line.

The Ubitx behaves normally when using a dummy load or with loop hooked up for receive.

No balun is currently attached.

Any ideas as to what's happening?