Re: Anyone seen an SSB xmit causing the menu to pop up?

brad martin

I too have seen this. I have yet to sort mine out and usually for me happens on an antenna and not the dummy load.

Brad

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 12:34 AM Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...> wrote:
I was testing into a dummy load and noticed that when I whistled into the mike, or even spoke into it on higher frequencies, would cause the rig to react as if I had pressed the button on the encoder. It showed "Band Select >", and receive stopped. Pressing the encoder twice exited the menu normally. Is this RF getting into the switching transistor the encoder switch trips? How can I prevent this?

Gwen NG3P