Re: uBITX Version 4 first attempt #ubitx #ubitx-help

Richard

Good Afternoon,

It appears all the opinions have faded - I have an update.  I purchased an Amazon LM386 mini amplifier, and  isolated it with a 100mF Electrolytic with the positive side towards the Transistor that is feed off the wiper of the volume pot-   And Voila-  the speaker is now loud enough to hear across the room, and it sounds nice,  I have now been able to hear SSB QSO's - however I still need assitance in the calibration technique for a V4 with factory Firmware-  Any tips on how to do it?    The little amp is pulling some stray RF and I can hear myself a little through the speaker - but I will work on that in a while...

Please understand the V3 Calibration process is different.
--
Richard
KC7DDW