Re: Microscope - - new thread

Terry Morris

This is what I bought for $29 plus shipping, https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Microscope-KLAREN-Endoscope-Magnifier/dp/B071K6364L?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B071K6364L There were no comments whether it was compatible with Linux. For less than $30 I can tell you that it is not compatible with Linux. Its a cute toy but for the $29 I could bought a nice meal for my canine and I. LOL

Terry - KB8AMZ
Brimfield Twp, OH  USA
Linux User# 412308, Ubuntu User# 34905

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 7:30 PM Don, ND6T via Groups.Io <nd6t_6=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
The little microscope with the screen looks like fun! Trouble is, though, a stereoscopic microscope helps a bunch. Nothing like a bit of depth perception to help guide your hot soldering iron to its destination. Same goes with trying to pick up something. Trying to do that with one eye gets old fast. Although I like the dental loupes at times, they don't have the amplification and since they are mounted on my head the focus wanders as I move and my neck starts to feel it after a while. K9AC's SolderScope gives a better, more stable view. Yes, it takes some DIY innovation but check out his wooden stand that he made from scrap. Until somebody gives me a Mantis Elite I prefer the SolderScope. It's smaller, too. 73, Don