Re: Raduino consumption #ubitx #radiuno

Vince Vielhaber

I have an 862D but to remove the nano I'd cut the old one out with snips if I didn't have a desoldering iron, which I do.

Vince.

On 06/24/2018 08:06 PM, f1mqj wrote:
Thanks Jerry, Vince, Ralph and others
I cutted the pcb to disconnect capa and socket REF pin from the AREF
processor pin (if the problem have been a short capa or short circuit on
this part of PCB it may erase the problem)

BUT no change : i've still contact (0 ohm) between AREF processor pin
and ground (and 220mA if powered !)

So it looks like a bad nano board and i might have to change it (main
problem is to extract it without destroying raduino PCB as we discuss early)
1-Do you know if I can get spare Raduino and how (#ubitxsupport
#ubitxwarranty) ? perhaps i could get one as warranty feature, because
mine never worked fine (if possible with nano socket, or without nano
board -i've already some)
2-i'll try to borrow an air heater (looks fine for the job, Vince do you
have a link to yours ? 852, 878) or use diagonal cutters (perhaps
dremmel but i fear leaving a lot of small metal particles)
I'll give you news
73 - Remi