Re: Programming Issues and Questions

Jack Purdum

I don't think Farhan meant to return anything from the function. As a test, change the function's signature from:

   int menuBand(int btn){

   void menuBand(int btn){

and see what happens. I didn't see any statements in any of the files where a return value from menuBand() is used in an assignment statement, so it should be OK using void.

Jack, W8TEE

On Sunday, June 24, 2018, 5:45:04 PM EDT, Howard Fidel <sonic1@...> wrote:

I am integrating my uBitx into an old HA 350 receiver  chassis. It has a band switch on it, so I want to program A7 to read the switch. I downloaded several different versions of code to find a good starting point. When I use any of Farhan's versions, I get a compile error:
return-statement with no value, in function returning 'int' [-fpermissive]

It is a return in ubitx_menu in the if(!btn) statement that causes this.

I tried Ron, W2CTX's ubitx_V2_00R and i see what looks like coding errors, although it compiles. The error is that A7 is not declared, and digital dash is declared as A3. A3 is PTT
KD8CEC's uBitx_20 compiles.

Any input on which code is best would be appreciated. I would also like to know how to fix the compiling error so I can reinstall the factory code if I need to.

Thanks,

Howard