Re: Keypad for Raduino...?

Arv Evans

Jack

I did consider that approach, but my original intent was to use the minimum number of
Arduino pins that could still support desired functionality.  This should open up pins for
doing much more than the existing Raduino can do.  While first application will be for
uBitx and BITX-40, it may evolve into a more generic controller for other radio designs.

If nothing else it is a good exercise to help me recover some of the age induced loss
of C-coding skills.

Arv
_._

On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 11:42 AM Jack Purdum via Groups.Io <jjpurdum=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
On Sunday, June 24, 2018, 1:34:36 PM EDT, Mark Pilant <mark@...> wrote:

Hi Arv.

I used a similar keyboard for a Scalar Network Analyzer I built.  (Before I
found out about the PHSNA :-)  It turned out to work very well.  I did run
into a few issues worth mentioning.

Make sure you have some form of switch debouncing (software or hardware) as
part of the design.  I had both in my design.  Also, make sure you take into
account the resistor tolerances when determining the analog value for any
given key.  (Part of my SNA design was a set of calibration tasks, one of
which was the keypad.)

I'm building a uBitx with a TFT, and may include a soft keypad to augment the
encoder.  (If I can find the time... too many projects :-)

73

- Mark  N1VQW

BTW, feel free to look at the SNA code: https://github.com/pilant/N1VQW-SNA