Re: Raduino consumption #ubitx #radiuno

Vince Vielhaber

On 06/24/2018 12:22 PM, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io wrote:
The Nano is tough to remove, if it comes to that.
I'd try a little rotary saw or grinder using my Dremel tool for all but
the pins hiding
behind the LCD connector, then heat up those few pins on the Nano board
to pull it free.
And then extract all the pins one-by-one from the Raduino.
And take care to wash all the metal bits from the Raduino.
If anybody has a better method, perhaps they could speak up.
It seems the easiest method I've heard anyone use I refer to as the RCA method. It's what the techs at the RCA service centers used when they had to replace modules on the TacTec hand helds.

Cut the part out, in this case the nano, then remove the pins one at a time.

Vince - K8ZW.
--
Michigan VHF Corp. http://www.nobucks.net/ http://www.CDupe.com/
http://www.metalworkingfun.com