Re: Nextion Display vs 1602 LCD - Current Consumption #ubitx

Lowell Haney NE4EB

I posted this in the wrong topic so I've moved it here.

Just got in a 2.4 and a 3.2 Nextion display.  I'd seen some comments on the current draw and the possible need for a heat sink on the existing 5V regulator or maybe even a separate supply. So I just measured both on the bench.

Supply voltage was 5.04 VDC.
2.4 display was 125 ma.  3.2 display was 110 ma.  Both at full brightness.

These are both above (~25 to 35 or so) what is listed on the manufacturers website.

I did not check with the display in sleep mode.