Re: uBITX Version 4 first attempt #ubitx #ubitx-help

Jerry Gaffke

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 11:36 am, Andy V. Borisenko wrote:
I can load firmware. now I have CEC version 1.080. it is more convenient than the factory one. but in uBitx the manipulation for CW is done on the relay. when working on a vertical key, the first sign is shortened due to the switching time of the relay. just tried it. This is not good. I do not know, maybe you can use PTT, but I have not done it yet. it's nearly midnight, tomorrow at work. I'm sleeping :)

When you first press the key, the Raduino senses this and turns on the relays to switch from 
receive to transmit.  The Si5351 is written to with the operating freq in clk2.
The other two Si5351 clocks are shut down.  This should all happen within 5 milliseconds or so,
where a single dot at 40 wpm is 33 milliseconds wide.  So plenty responsive.

I'm not sure what the CEC firmware is doing, but it may be adding a delay to avoid
a loud pop in the received audio when switching from receive to transmit.
If present, perhaps such a delay is no longer needed, if the pop has been sufficiently
reduced with the v4 board, or if Kees' pop fix kit has been applied to the radio.  

As I say, this is primarily an SSB radio.
But many are successfully using it for CW.

Jerry

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 11:36 am, Andy V. Borisenko wrote:
I can load firmware. now I have CEC version 1.080. it is more convenient than the factory one. but in uBitx the manipulation for CW is done on the relay. when working on a vertical key, the first sign is shortened due to the switching time of the relay. just tried it. This is not good. I do not know, maybe you can use PTT, but I have not done it yet. it's nearly midnight, tomorrow at work. I'm sleeping :)

Join BITX20@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.