Re: Encoder problem

Jack, W8TEE

If you're comfortable with coding for the Nano, look in the examples for the encoder library, pick one, compile/upload it to the Nano and see if it works. You may have to reassign the pin numbers from the example. As I recall, Farhan uses A0 and A1 for the clock and data and A2 for the switch. Those would likely have to be changed in the examples.

Jack, W8TEE

On Thursday, June 21, 2018, 2:10:59 PM EDT, n7nsd@... <n7nsd@...> wrote:

My encoder won’t change frequency except by 50hz. Pressing the encoder cycles from 40m on the bottom line to adding “band select?” on the top and then “press to confirm” and then back to the first screen. Rotating the encoder doesn’t cause any changes. I have added denouncing resistors and caps with no improvement. Is there a way to test the encoder or should I simply replace it?  Any ideas welcome.