Re: Nextion Displays >> warning

Joe

Well. My plan is to have the display as a remote head.
In its own 3d printed box.
Probably with an encoder, vol and maybe rf gain.

The 7 inch size will make it easy to use as a Touch control. Lots of room for big fingers and good for aging eyes.. Lol

Also additional buttons and sliders for brightness control, sub menus etc

 Most small displays are a bit awkward for touch, because of button size / real estate size and it was only $12 more than a 5 inch.

Should arrive this week... Let the fun begin....

Joe
VE1BWV

On Jun 19, 2018 4:43 AM, "Mike Woods" <mhwoods@...> wrote:
Joe

I'd be interested in what you will do with all that real estate on the 7"!

Mike ZL1AXG

On 16/06/18 8:20 AM, Joe wrote:
I have ordered mine from www.Robotshop.com
 two 3.2 inch Enhanced version and one 7 inch basic - all good.

Joe
VE1BWV

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 4:37 AM Glenn <glennp@...> wrote:
I purchased what appeared to be a Nextion display according to the description, off ebay recently. Cost was $12.  It arrived ok but does not work. The Nextion editor warns that displays with the prefix "TJC" are not compatible. On ebay they are being sold as Nextion displays but appear to be some sort of copy. (Hardly unusual) ( Genuine Nextion displays start at more like $18-20.)

The Nextion editor does not allow them to be uploaded with files.  Apparently there was supposed to be a way, with some previous versions of the Nextion Editor which I found and also tried, but to no avail.

So a warning about using 'Nextion" displays, but actually shown as TJC types, they should not be purchased.  Unfortunately ebay (as usual) sellers do not tell us this. Some don't even show the part number on the back in a picture.

glenn

--
Mike Woods
mhwoods@...