Re: Went Dead

Bill Watkins

Very interesting and clever.  Thanks for the tip.  How closely are the RD16HHF1 equivalent to the original mosfet?  I do like being able to bolt the heat sink to the case and use the case which is already ground to handle some heat and secure things.  Like you say, not a possibility with the original mosfet.

Bill

On Jun 16, 2018, at 11:21 AM, Ralph Mowery <rmowery42@...> wrote:

This should be a link to my Google drive where you can see some pix.  With the RD16HHF1  if you lay the tab down on a table with the leads facing you , you have to cross the two leads on the right of both transistors so they will match the holes in the original ubitx .  You could use the original transistors but they would have to be insulated from the heat sink.  This ubitx has been modified in several ways and the output transformer was changed.

I was lucky in that the box I found to put it in was just the size to cut a hole in the front for the display and in the back for the heat sink.  It was an old Bud box I picked up at a hamfest a while back that someone had started a project but never finished.

I found the heat sink on ebay from China for about $ 5 shipped.  It was about 6 inches long, but I cut it to about 4 inches

73 de ku4pt

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 12:47 PM, Roy Appleton <twelveoclockhigh@...> wrote:
I'd love to see a close up of the new finals, crossed leads and heat sink if you could!

Roy
WA0YMH