Re: uBitx has a bit too crispy / semi-distorted audio even on low signal levels #ubitx #ubitx-help

Mike

I now replaced the output amp with a MCP6284 that I had laying in the shack. That works.  No distortion. I tapped the signal from the collector of Q71 via an electrolytic cap. This strengthens my suspicion that there is something going on with the output amp.

One thing I also noticed now is that there is a clicking sound whenever I change frequency with the VFO .... Is this known? I wonder if it is due to the clock generator? Or crosstalk ...

I will also do as you suggest : measure some voltages around Q71, Q72, Q73 on BCE.