Re: uBitx has a bit too crispy / semi-distorted audio even on low signal levels #ubitx #ubitx-help

Mike,

Could you do a voltage test around the audio amp and report ? Volume = 0.

Q71/72/73 CBE

Raj

At 14/06/2018, you wrote:

I have completed the uBitx and calibrated both frequency and BFO. The sensitivity appears OK. However audio has a strange crispy / semi-distorted sound to it.

I read the post from W3JDR https://w3jdr.wordpress.com/2018/04/11/ubitx-dynamic-range-improvement/#comment-1507   about biasing Q70 more strongly, however that only reduced the gain somewhat but didnt seem to help the crispy / semi distorted sound.

I have tried several headsets and a speaker. Same issue.

Anyone have any hints to what may be done to achieve better audio and get rid of that distortion effect?