Re: New rig, current to finals does not go up when transmitting (was Need help)

Ralph Mowery

It is always wise to get a piece of equipment working before any mods.  Same as working with a commercial rig that you want to convert to the ham bands.  get it working correctly where it is suppose to be  and then do the mods.
 de ku4pt

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 6:10 PM, <hotrod541@...> wrote:
Thanks to both of you for your replys. I checked the radio today, when you key on cw the amp reading is .189A to 2.59 A on key down.  I get a little over 10 watts out.  It looks like it may be the mike so I pulled a old mike from the junk box and I stripped it down and will install the element that came with the radio. I will see if that corrects the problem. I am trying to get the radio to work correctly before I try any mods.  Thanks again.

Buddy3223
KJ4ZSI
_._,_.