Re: Transmitter Mods

Rob Snow

Sajid,

The teepee was the hardest part for me.  My first thought was to heat one side and try to lift it, but that didn't work as the other side still held tough.  Next I wicked both ends and then tried the same thing again and got some movement.  Finally, I just applied pressure to the side and heat and slid it off the pad completely and started the tee pee fresh.  My inductor is a squat little thing so I soldered it down as a tower on one pad and then re-applied the resistor as a bridge.

My biggest concern was either a) destroying the resistor with heat, or b) flicking it off and sending it into the ether while trying to desolder.  I have a SMD resistor sampler pack and I think I read it as being a 102 (1k ohm), so I had that as a fallback and maybe made me a bit braver on my application of heat and force.

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 7:24 AM, Sajid Rahum via Groups.Io <zs735@...> wrote:
Hi Rob

Doing these mods this evening.  Much appreciated Howard's parts.

For the tee pee - let me know how you did it.

I am going to gently put the solder iron on right side and try to lift it as soon as solder start to give.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.