Re: VOM Advice?

Tim Gorman

For most anything you'll do with the ubitx you don't need an expensive
desk meter.

this one:
www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Voltmeter-Ammeter-Ohmmeter-Multimeter-Volt-AC-DC-Tester-Meter-US-Seller/271496690158?hash=item3f3676b9ee:g:qgUAAOSwHnFVkYPk

is representative of one that has lots of functions. It's a lot like
the one I use much of the time. PLEASE don't hook the test leads up the
way it is shown, it won't work!

There is a huge gap in its current measuring scales, from 200ma to
10amp in one big jump, but that will probably get you by.

tim ab0wr

On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 19:11:08 -0700
"Mark M" <junquemaile@...> wrote:

Sorry if this is a bit off topic but it is related to uBitX hacking...

My ancient, el-cheapo VOMs (Radio Shack/Harbor Freight freebies) all
have pretty much ceased working so I'm looking for some suggestions
about suitable replacement units. I'm not looking for lab quality,
just something for a hobbiest/amateur hardware hacker (like for
modifying the uBitx). I'd like to find something that's reliable and
reasonably accurate for a few 10's of dollars. I see many units on
Amazon for around that but don't know which ones would be good buys.
So, any advice from y'all?

Thanks & 73....     Mark    AA7TA