Re: Need help

Tim Gorman

Do you have an swr meter that shows forward power? Does it flcker when
you speak into the mic?

The mic amp in the ubitx expects to be fed from a high-output electret
mic. Is your Astatic mic an electret mic or a dynamic mic? If it is a
dynamic mic you might have to build a small amp to use with it to get
enough output.

tim ab0wr

On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 18:33:21 -0700
hotrod541@... wrote:

I have assembled my uBITX and when I set up the power-amp bias
everything adjust fine until I key the mike and grunt loudly, I don't
see any increase in the bias. I assume that the transmitter is not
working.  I have installed a led for rec. and trans. and it keys
correctly with the led, I get red on trans, green on receiver. I
installed a four (4) pin mike connector and it may not be wired
correctly. It is wired, pin 1 blue (gr), pin 2 orange (ptt), pin 3
purple (mic), pin 4 case ground. I am using  a Astatic CB mike. I
must not have one of the wires connected right but it does key as I
can hear the power supply load increase when I key.  I cannot believe
the receive on this radio, it does a great job just like it is. Any
help would be appreciated. Buddy3223 KJ4ZSI