Re: ic2 display problems #arduino ??? #arduino

Jack, W8TEE

Have you tried the display with one of the examples from the library just to make sure that you've 1) got a working display, and 2) it's wired correctly. Often a problem is that there are numerous LiquidCrystal libraries and they are substantially different. Unfortunately, Dr. Lee didn't follow the convention that gives the download URL for the library on the same line as the #include. That suggests to me that he's using the library that is shipped with the Arduino IDE. Check any examples that your manufacturer has to see if they give the download URL for the library. Also, there is a library for I2C LCD's:

You might give that a try as I don't think the standard IDE library is for I2C displays.

Jack, W8TEE

On Thursday, June 14, 2018, 10:24:35 AM EDT, Bill Watkins <kf7yxs@...> wrote:

Hello,
I have attempted to duplicate Ian Lee’s success. 1) I have latest firmware and manager. 2) tried 0x27 & 0x3F; neither makes a difference. Display manufacturer says 0x27 correct. 3) Checked voltages on bcc, sda, and scl; 4.48, 3.89, & 3.90 respectively.  4) display lights up and separate, new display lights up. No letters in either regardless address used. Unit still works and original display still works with ic2 settings when swapped back.

Anyone???!