Re: How hot is too hot? #ubitx

Skip Davis

Bo I found the same thing what I did was to add a 47 ohm resistor in the 12vdc into the regulator. I added it on the Raduino board and now I can hold my finger on the regulator without burning my finger. I just cut the trace from pin 15&16 on the Raduino and wired in a 1/4 watt resistor.

Skip Davis, NC9O

On Jun 13, 2018, at 23:29, Bo Barry <bobarr@...> wrote:

Anyone put their finger on the 7805 regulator on the randuino board?  13v in, 5v out isn't optimum for it. I attached a huge heatsink and now I can at least count to 10 with my finger on it. :)
Also I cut the red line in the USB cable so the power off switch worked on everything. As is, it was providing 5v from the PC, along with the 7805 regulator in the rig.
The tiny raspberry pi 5v fan seems to be working fine.
Bo W4GHV