Re: How hot is too hot? #ubitx

MVS Sarma

With 13.8V , perhaps the temperature goes high as 70 Celsius. It is always a good idea to sink the heat,.
it was manageable w/o heatsink at 12V but not 13.5 or 13.8.

Regards
MVS Sarma

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 8:59 AM, Bo Barry <bobarr@...> wrote:
Anyone put their finger on the 7805 regulator on the randuino board?  13v in, 5v out isn't optimum for it. I attached a huge heatsink and now I can at least count to 10 with my finger on it. :)
Also I cut the red line in the USB cable so the power off switch worked on everything. As is, it was providing 5v from the PC, along with the 7805 regulator in the rig.
The tiny raspberry pi 5v fan seems to be working fine.
Bo W4GHV