Re: No Power

G8HAV

Many Thanks Ian.

You have help me to solve the problem. Firstly I have been pressing PTT and then keying up. When you described the changes I should expect and as I had no change just keying I checked the commercial keying lead and it had an OC earth connection. I had previously just checked the inner.

Repaired and it popped into life.

Power out is low but there are many suggestions for setting bias and many other ideas.

Getting 2 W on 80M and 40M but .5W on 15M

This is a fantastic piece of learning, even if mine was a basic one, relying on a commercial lead.

Thanks to all and now more trawling and reading so I can get it digital.

Peter Paul Fox G8HAV
Mid-Cheshire Amateur Radio Society
5 Llandovery Close
Winsford