Re: CB amplifiers RM-Italy KL203P

iz oos

I have checked the schematic and both the kl-203P and the CTE seem similar. Is the cap necessary or just a jumper would suffice to lower the frequency of operation? Would a mod at the input to keep the SWR acceptable be necessary? How much power you would use? Maybe a 6db attenuator at the input would be a solution, as the Ubitx provides over 10w at the lower frequencies and you might overdrive that amp in the lower bands.

Il 11/giu/2018 18:51, "Valentin Braescu" <valentin_braescu@...> ha scritto:
I use the CTE Booster 747 amplifier modified like this : www.radioamatoripeligni.it/i6ibe/pdf/cte747.pdf

It works well , up to 80w on 40meters . I only need some ebay hf lpf's .

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 19:47, iz oos

The MS1307 seem similar to the IRF520 btw

Il 11/giu/2018 18:39, "iz oos" <and2oosiz2@...> ha scritto:

On their website you can download the schematic. They are a bit obscure on the mosfets, it seems they are four MS1307. As said they lack of any lowpass filters so as such they do not comply to the FCC rules.

Il 11/giu/2018 15:48, "Richie Chambless" <rchambless7@...> ha scritto:
I’ve thought about these amplifiers, also. Despite the negativity around them, I think the only thing that’s missing is the low pass filters (the ones biased for linear operation). I’m thinking they all use RF transistors, but I could be wrong.