Re: Messed up removal of TDA2822

Pin 8 at the bottom is not connect anywhere there. Its connected to a capacitor C75 on the top plane.
Check there.

Use a little higher temp. and clean up the board. As I said mount the socket on the board neatly!

At 11-06-18, you wrote:
Thank you both Raj and Sharma.

Did it both ways - cut at tips closer to the chip. But either the solder iron is not too hot - I kept it around 200c. Anyway, i then did the old fashioned way by wiring up the 8 pin socket.

My main question is if you look at the mainboard bottom side - the solder fell off (top left pin); not sure where it was connecting to so that if i need to wire it where to take it to?