Re: Messed up removal of TDA2822

Michael Maiorana

Hello.
It doesn't look like that pad went anywhere on the bottom of the board. If you soldered your 8 pin socket to the top pads, it is likely going to work fine.
Give it a try and see if it works.
Mike M.
KU4QO

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 7:15 AM, Sajid Rahum via Groups.Io <zs735@...> wrote:
Thank you both Raj and Sharma.

Did it both ways - cut at tips closer to the chip. But either the solder iron is not too hot - I kept it around 200c.  Anyway, i then did the old fashioned way by wiring up the 8 pin socket.

My main question is if you look at the mainboard bottom side - the solder fell off (top left pin); not sure where it was connecting to so that if i need to wire it where to take it to?