Re: External Amp

Nick

Allison,

Thanks for the reply! I will read the articles regarding WA2EBY.

For the low pass filter I am using T50 the actual Fair-Rite part number is: 5961000301 which is mix 61, lower permeability and should be lower loss at HF. It could be that the whole system like you said is not stable as I have seen the distorted waveform at the input of the amp.

I will likely order some new MOSFETs and give it another go. The gate resistors might be a good addition.

I have attached what I put together in LTspice for anyone that wants to play with it. I did not put in an accurate representation for the transformers but I think the ratio is correct. What I have could be completely wrong.

--
Nick