Re: Noob tx problem #ubitx-help

Howard Fidel

Did you check with an ohmeter with the unit off at the connector with the mic plugged in that the PTT switch is working and wired to the right pin, i.e. high impedance when not pushed, and short to ground when PTT is pushed?

On 6/6/2018 9:05 PM, davedt1e@... wrote:
Still no joy.  I've checked all the wiring and confirmed connections to jacks with meter.  I wired up the mic and ptt button as a simple open/close circuit.  Is this correct?  Pretty frustrated.  Goes straight to tx when mic is plugged in.  Also verified that ptt button is working and soldering to the mic element looks good.

Would appreciate any help.  Thanks