Re: uBITX physical comm port - newbie question

Dave Bottom <ars.kd6az@...>

image1.jpeg
UBITX - USB cable installed in a Hammond box with connector in the rear panel.  This is a 12” Cable -Amazon

Dave WI6R

On Jun 2, 2018, at 12:02 PM, Tom Francis <ubitx@...> wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply - I really appreciate it.

I do some QRP building and experiment a little, but I've never gotten into the micro
controller scene much at all other than reading up on it.  50 some years of playing
radio I'm still something of a Luddite.

I will do what you suggest - looks like fun.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Tom, W1TEF

On 6/2/2018 1:55 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Before playing too much with it, you can get just the Arduino processor and play with it.  They are only about $ 2.50 from China off ebay if you don't mind waiting 3 or so weeks.  This is what I bought a while back to do some playing.  There are 5 of them for about $ 12, but you can find single lots of them.

Notice the silver thing on the left.  That is the USB connector you are looking for.  They can be powered by just the usb connector plugged into the computer if you just want to play with the programming of them.  Same with the ubitx.  The display will light up and you can program it through that connector, but the rest of the ubitx will not be powered.

de ku4pt.

On Sat, Jun 2, 2018 at 1:19 PM, <ubitx@...> wrote:
First, thanks for letting me join - appreciate it.  The question I'm asking is pretty simple, but I have no experience with this at all.  I've put my uBITX together and it works - really cool too I might add. I looked around, but I can't find any installation instruction or guides with respect to putting the physical USB Comm port connector into the uBITX. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for you patience with a newbie.  Tom, W1TEF