Re: Nextion Display

Ian Lee

Bo

I implemented it a little differently to support most Nextion LCDs.
It handles communication with uBITX and Nextion LCD in template files.

There are quite a few variables in the Nextion LCD. If the status of uBITX is changed, the variables of Nextion LCD are also changed at the same time.

For example, when uBITX's frequency changes, it is transferred to a specific variable on Nextion LCD.
Below is an example of simple frequency and mode display.
//Frequency
if(vc.val!=-1)
{
  nFreq.val=vc.val
  vc.val=-1
}

//Mode
if(cc.val!=-1)
{
  if(cc.val==2)
  {
    tMainMode.txt="LSB"
  }
  else
  {
    tMainMode.txt="LSB"
  }
  cc.val=-1
}

After the weekend, I will resume work and send it to you

Ian KD8CEC

Anxious to join the movement. One caution or stumbling block I've found is the difficulty of adapting code for various display sizes.

I've only had limited luck rescaling the figures, but haven't learned enough to convert one.

I have a 5" version but plan to get the enhanced smaller one like Ian's.

I don't understand how someone has connected it to the ubitx.

I just read that it can be used without the Nextion library, with just Arduino code. Going to try that way to start.

Any help appreciated. I'm now a very old, very slow learner compared to my hotshot days!
73 Bo W4GHV since '54

--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee