Re: ND6T AGC implementation for uBIT-X

William Cullison

Kees,

Mine came in today. Nice looking boards thanks. Now all I need is to crack a Merlot to steady my hands. Actually I'm looking forward to the challenge.

73 Bill WA8VIH/4

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018, 20:12 w1eat via Groups.Io <w1eat=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
My AGC uses 3 simple PIN diode shunt attenuators.  An 0.1 cap connects to the circuit board and an MPN3404 goes to ground.  The attachments points I used are the connections between R27/R105, R47/C30 and R17/C216.  An AGC voltage derived from the audio or a manual "RF gain" voltage derived from RX both work fine.

I don't know what the control range is but it must be 40 db at least.  I can make really loud signals disappear.

Tom W1EAT