Re: Expert Advice Needed

Daniel Conklin

The archived assembly instructions are here:  http://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/ubitx-r3-archived/
They were updated and should be accurate.  The only issue you may have that you should take care of is the audio amp chip.  If it has the WX on it then I recommend replacing it with a socket, or just solder a 6-8 volt regulator in the +12v line on the bottom of the board.  The instructions for that are here: https://groups.io/g/BITX20/message/44125?p=,,,20,0,0,0::Created,,regulator+WX,20,2,0,14340543
That worked well for me.  Don't worry about any firmware changes or calibration changes until you have assembled it and used it a bit.  Also, check out ubitx.net for news and information.
Daniel, W2DLC