Re: Transmitter Mods

Kelly Jack

There are a number threads with the power train mods being discussed and I've lost track of where I read some comments I think between Farhan and Allison about using easily obtainable parts in the tens of thousands in the transmit chain as being a limitation on part choices.  What seems to emerging as an issue is that replacing components in the current transmit chain circuit to increase output at higher freqs is that the current architecture requires finding parts closer to the unobtanium end of the spectrum.

So my question is could this be solved by adding another amp stage allowing for lower gain at each stage but still using parts from the generic end of the spectrum?

73

Simon

VK3ELH