Re: Transmitter Mods

Howard Fidel

The mods are compensating for both the driver insufficiency and the IRF510's. I haven't worked with the RD16HHF1. Maybe Allison would know the answer to your question, but I would expect that it would be fine, or maybe too much peaking. You could try installing the RDs and then adding the caps only. If more drive is still needed, add the inductor mod.

I have not posted anything about this, but I have been working on redesigning the transmitter chain in LT Spice and find that the IRF510 will put out 10 watts on all bands with sufficient drive levels. In simulation I have designed a new driver that does the job. It will require a new PCB, so I haven't experimented with it yet to validate it. If people are interested, I can post the details.

Howard

On 5/29/2018 5:55 PM, Sajid Rahum via Groups.Io wrote:
Any thoughts if these mods will hold if we switch irfs to RD16HHF1?