Re: Receive FM Radio Station #bitx40

Mike aka KC2WVB <rb5363@...>

Well, I don't know what you have done since you first posted having an issue with audio and perhaps microphone but it seems you have audio coming to the headphone jack from the audio amp and that's in general what you want, just not with an FM station providing the audio.

First this disclaimer - I am a math guy professionally, electronics is my hobby -so I am about to wildly guess. It seems that you are in close proximity to a strong commercial FM radio station. I wonder if the wires associated with the radio you are building are behaving like an antenna for the FM signal and allowing the FM signal to be injected into the system. Another possibility is the source of power that eventually feeds the radio is not well grounded and acting as the FM signal's antenna thus allowing the FM signal into your rig.

So, I am thinking - if you give the FM signal an easier path to follow other than through your audio amp will the issue  disappear? Maybe, so how would you do this? I am thinking try these ideas:

Make sure that the source you use for power is well grounded. If you can't do this switch to a battery for power to the rig and ground its negative terminal to a cold water pipe.
If the rig is in a metal enclosure ground the chassis too.

Good luck.

On May 28, 2018 5:55 AM, <qonita.salimah@...> wrote:

Hello everyone..

Finally my bitx, showing some audio signal, but the sound that I've got is FM Radio, at 89-90 MHz.. Any clue why this could happen?

I didn't attach the DDS.

Thankyou very much