Re: Socketing a Nano to the other side of the Raduino

Jerry Gaffke

Good.
Having the Nano socketed will mostly solve a lot of problems.

With the audio connector integrated, the Raduino could incorporate all front panel controls,
with mounting holes for the panels and switches.
Perhaps two boards, the second board *is* the front panel, sized to fit a particular enclosure
such as the Hammond 1455T1601BK extruded aluminum box.

Did the Raduino board layout get changed to move the Nano to the other side?
Or did you move the header pins to the other side of the Nano?
If it's the latter, then people buying spare Nano's should get the ones that don't yet have
the header pins soldered in place.

>  post 50466:  "I have brought the audio connector in-line with the raduino connector."

I measure roughly 1.64 inches (41.7mm) between pin 16 of the Raduino connector (the last pin)
to pin 1 of the audio connector on the v3 uBitx board.
Has that dimension changed on v4?
Can you give an exact number for that dimension?

Better yet, make the NC drill file for the uBitx available.
Then we would have placement of all mounting holes and connector holes.
Board edges could be inferred from the mounting holes,
though ideally you would give exact distances from those holes to the board edges.

Adding a diode on the 12v line going in and 1k resistors on Nano IO lines leaving the board
on any re-do of the Raduino would make it far less prone to damage.

Given all the changes expected in the power amp, selling the uBitx as an untested
board with only the autostuffed surface mount parts could be fairly popular.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 05:30 am, Ashhar Farhan wrote:
The new boards have the arduino socketed on the other sidd.
- f