Re: Volume pot question

Nikos SV1IYF

No, you won't face any surprises.
For the same reason I used a 4K7 /A (linear) I had with dual pole power switch.
Really a robust pot from another era.
Naturally, the AF IC was toasted, but this has nothing to do with the pot.
Replaced it with an equivalent type and works ok since.
I also hooked up an RCA terminated audio cable at the extremes of this pot in order to connect my ADC sound converter at a fixed audio level for digital work. The ADC is high impedance input, but none the less it is in parallel with the 4,7KOhms of the pot.
No loading problem to the preceding stages, Cleaner audio signal is a bonus.
73 Nikos