Re: spurious signals on FT8 #ubitx

A few things I found with my Bitx40 and Ubitx. Turn the drive down in the rig itself for digi modes, also check for any kind of ground looping. When I was 1st running my Bitx40 I ran r136 at half of what is normal after getting reports I was txing in a few spots at once. This was also in combination with a ground loop from my pc, after moving r136 it was reduced and again after using a laptop it was completely gone. I found the audio was over driving the radio even set very low and caused a lot of issues.

 Another thing to make sure is a DC blocking cap on the mic line so as not to mess with the computer or the interface if you use one.

David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com