Re: CW Transmit Frequency VS Sidetone setting #ubitx #radiuno #ubitxcw #firmware

Allard PE1NWL

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 02:07 am, Tom, wb6b wrote:

Call me old fashioned, but shouldn't the radio transmit on the displayed frequency and any frequency offset to create the tone for CW be done as a receive frequency shift, such as RIT? Maybe the preference has changed.
You are absolutely right. We had similar discussions for the Raduino sketch for BitX40 at the time.
During TX the frequency shouldn't be shifted - the actual TX frequency should be equal to the frequency as shown on the display.
During RX, the frequency needs to be shifted to the same amount as the side tone frequency setting.

73 Allard PE1NWL