Re: No audio on UbitX, U1 issue? #ubitx #ubitx-help

Daniel Conklin

Evan, the WX labeled audio chips can blow out if the voltage going to them is beyond their tolerance  If you had the volume pot wires switched, then you may have blown out the chip as soon as you put power to the rig. I soldered a 6 volt regulator in the amp's supply line before I put power to it and it's been purring along nicely for almost two months. When they blow, most people are putting in a socket so they can replace the chip easier and there are a few good options discussed here on the board. So, that's the recommendation.
73, Dan  W2DLC