Re: Socketing a Nano to the other side of the Raduino

Rod Davis <km6sn@...>

Allison and all,

with the KD8CEC firmware you can opt for a I2C display
connection; the display can be remote quite some distance
with just 2 wires (plus power and ground).

Rod KM6SN

On 05/21/2018 07:23 PM, ajparent1/KB1GMX wrote:
Why not remote it some from the mainboard and put a box around the back of it
with the wires sneaking out of  it.  The front of the box is the front panel and the
Raduino is tinned up.  Take care with the signal leads (use SHORT twisted pairs).
Used those tricks for old style counter circuits that radiated digital noise like mad.

In my case the height of the board when mounted is a problem.  Solution is change
the board connector into a right angle and then relocate the display with wires.
That lowers the profile.   Both boards can easily then have a cover over them
made of soldered up PCB, hobby brass, or copper screening.  Control pins will
exit though the screen box via 1000pf feedthroughs.  I try to keep noise in
the box so to speak.

Allison