Re: Should we adopt the KD8CEC firmware?

Rod Davis <km6sn@...>

William,

In some countries, I believe especially the British Isles, it is illegal to own (that is OWN, not simply OPERATE) a
ham radio rig that can transmit outside of the ham bands.

Rod KM6SN

On 05/19/2018 01:31 PM, K9HZ wrote:
Who needs that?

Dr. William J. Schmidt - K9HZ

On May 19, 2018, at 9:31 AM, Mvs Sarma via Groups.Io <mvs_sarma@...> wrote:

i suppose that we need to prevent TX enable in the Non-ham bands. while the Rx could still be useful for listening.

regards
sarma
 vu3zmv

On Saturday 12 May 2018, 11:38:37 AM IST, Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:

Peeps,

Given that Dr.Lee's software is now pretty stable from 1.06 onwards, what do you all say about using this as the 'shipped' firmware? I have some personal quirks that make me modify it for my personal use (ex: I prefere general coverage when changing the bands rather than steps to and from ham bands) but do we consider it to be usable and stable for our needs?

I resisted feature-ful software as the base because smaller code base makes it easier for people to get in and modify, there is space in the memory for modifications, etc.

If there is a general consensus, then, we will customize it to the standard hardware, and start burning this into the next batch of ubitx.

Opinions, please.

- f