Re: share your BITX success stories

William Cullison

I haven't had a chance transmit other than CW mode into a dummy load. I want to finish my antenna analyzer before I start pumping rf into my Carolina Windom. Reception was very good but noisy with all the weather here in Florida at this time. Lightning is a major concern as my antenna is almost as high as my natural lightning rods, pine trees 60 - 90 feet tall. As a QCWA member I enjoy CW as my primary mode but really have enjoyed WSPR with my U3S. I see alot of digital in my future.

73 Bill WA8VIH/4

On Thu, May 17, 2018, 09:37 Doug W <dougwilner@...> wrote:
On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 05:03 am, Daniel Conklin wrote:
then the Indy Speedway F1 race day station
My very first contact with my BITX40, first HF contact at all for that matter, was with W9IMS.  I'm not a race fan but they had a good strong signal and I got through.  I don't collect paper but I made a quick QSL card on card stock just so I could get theirs to commemorate it.

--
www.bitxmap.com