From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of David Wilcox via Groups.Io <Djwilcox01@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 4:23:42 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] [Bitx-20] special session at hamfests to teach the neophytes re latest firmware

You gentlemen seem to have such a great time discussing all of these changes and  what should/could be a standard load from the start.  I have been studying my Arduino starter kit and one of Jacks books but still have a long way to go.

Possibly next year at FDIM and at Hamcation, Hamvention and even Ozarkon one or two of you could put on a seminar about this issue and maybe even help some of us upgrade our rigs (both of them) in a special session.  We would bring our radios, laptops if necessary, etc., and go step by step installing the latest code and then have an explanation on how to make it work.  I would even pay a fee for such a class.  It could be like in my past medical conferences where it was early in the morning before the rest of the session started or during the afternoon when the rest are out seeing the sights.  These sessions were called "special interest groups".

I just need to see someone do it the first time (load in new code) with a step by step explanation and then the light might go on.

Is something like this possible?

Dave K8WPE,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#49229) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

http://www.phonestack.com/farhan/bitx.html The original BITX
http://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/bitx40/ BITX40 by HFSignals
http://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/ubitx/ uBITX by HFSignals
https://amateurradiokits.in/store/ BITX Store by Sunil