Re: can I bypass the CP2102 chip on the NANO with an FTDI based serial adapter? #nano #arduino #cp2102 #ftdi

Jerry Gaffke

Should work fine.
Note that the Nano has an FT232RL USB-to-serial chip that includes a 5v to 3.3v regulator.
This currently powers the si5351 through the Nano's J2 pin 14.  On the clones, it's CH340 chip.
    https://www.arduino.cc/en/uploads/Main/Arduino_Nano-Rev3.2-SCH.pdf

You will need to replace that regulator with something else if you remove our CH340 chip.
This new 3.3v regulator could be mounted on the Raduino board.

Jerry

On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 06:21 pm, Nick VK4PLN wrote:
I was wondering something similar, to remove the USB section of the Arduino Nano to clean up any birdies caused by it.. thoughts?