From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of richcarter03052
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2018 8:22 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] uBITXII

I built a fully featured Elecraft K2 a few years back.  It has a variable bandwidth crystal ladder filter.  I wonder if the uBitx filter can be adapted to vary it's bandwidth in a similar fashion, perhaps with an external pot rather than under processor control.

There are a number of threads that describe mods to the uBitx.  It's getting a bit tedious to hunt through threads to find tested and verified mods.  It would be nice if they were collected in one place.

Rig operation is awkward due to the lack of frontpanel controls.  It would be nice if there were a computer interface and cat software available.  The new enclosure provides an external board with serial and USB connectors, but no instructions on how to hook these up and what they can do.  If anyone figures this out, please respond.

Rich - KE1EV