Re: Voltage Regulator

The VFO does not draw enough current to heat the regulator.

I am sure you have wired the 78L09 wrongly. The various versions have different pinouts.

Yuo could post a picture and we may be able to spot the mistake.

Raj, vu2zap

At 12-05-18, you wrote:
Hello everyone.
I want to ask about the LM78L09 that used in VFO circuit in bitx40. Once I turn on the 12v power supply, the LM78L09 smoked up. Is there any possibility that the voltage regulator has been broken or it didn't strong enough to take the current from power supply? Should I use LM7809 instead?