Should we adopt the KD8CEC firmware?

Ashhar Farhan

Peeps,

Given that Dr.Lee's software is now pretty stable from 1.06 onwards, what do you all say about using this as the 'shipped' firmware? I have some personal quirks that make me modify it for my personal use (ex: I prefere general coverage when changing the bands rather than steps to and from ham bands) but do we consider it to be usable and stable for our needs?

I resisted feature-ful software as the base because smaller code base makes it easier for people to get in and modify, there is space in the memory for modifications, etc.

If there is a general consensus, then, we will customize it to the standard hardware, and start burning this into the next batch of ubitx.

Opinions, please.

- f