Re: Coding styles

Dennis Zabawa

I once published some code on-line and got an "improved" version of it emailed to me by a self-proclaimed, "expert" programmer.  His improvement was to remove all the comments and shorten all the variable and procedure/function names to make it "run faster".  I guess the "expert" didn't understand that the compiled code will be the same regardless of the things he had changed.  Albeit, it would compile faster.

My advice is  to comment, comment, comment.  Use variable and procedure names that are descriptive.  As Jack said, that clever, little bit of coding you did last week may read like sanskrit  today.