Re: Got my Excellway case from China today.

MVS Sarma

for cutting rectangular windows in plastc , I resort to lamination cutter sold in India at just fraction of a $. I keep the too dawing across the 4 lines of the rectancge -say lcd mounting window.  After a while i could push out the small piece from the plastic.
 here is a link to show how a liminaTE CUTTER LOOKS

https://4.imimg.com/data4/CT/VC/ANDROID-6477868/product-500x500.jpeg

Regards
MVS Sarma

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 2:30 PM, Vic WA4THR via Groups.Io <vhklein@...> wrote:
Good tips on working with the plastic case. Another is to use a small rotary disk cutter like a Dremel and I have a Dremel-clone that I picked up at a yard sale for $5 that works great. I was able to cut against a full-size printing of the panel layout that I taped to the back. Still, I cut the large square holes slightly undersized and used a flat file to trim them up. The result was I could make a nice friction-fit for the LCD display without needing extra hardware or bezels. Regular drill bits adjusted larger with a round rat-tail file worked for controls and connectors. I found the Baggood case very easy to work with compared to the metal cases I used years ago, but watch that you don't get too energetic as it could crack, but you could always make a replacement panel out of another piece of flat plastic or aluminum if needed.

=Vic=